Saturday, June 15, 2013

Back Home - Time to drop the plow!!

Back home from our Florida vacation - had a great time with family and especially, Grandkids!!

My blog post is titled, "Time to drop the plow". I envision the past two weeks as a country farmer sitting on his tractor surveying his field. The task is Huge!! He has to plan his route, analyze his strategy, and prepare his equipment in order to reap the harvest. After he has a plan, there comes the important moment that he must drop the plow in the dirt and get after it.

The past 2 weeks for me have been similar. Moments to dream, collect my thoughts, analyze where I stand, at this point in time, and come to the reality that this "Trip of a Lifetime" can really happen. I have actually been listed in the 2014 Cannonball Run, longer than my short list in the 2012 event! I have started taking notes about the next years journey across America on a 1919 Harley Davidson. What started out as a few notes has now become a Blue Folder with many topic groups and detail notes concerning that topic. Things like, spare parts list, tool list, "to-do list, chasing parts list, you get the idea. As of today, that book has about 30 pages of notes, and growing everyday.

So after a week on vacation, I come home with a clear head, a direct plan of action, and willingness to achieve it. I call this moment, “Time to Drop the Plow”

 

                               

One of my deepest concerns has become what changes to the motorcycle do I make that will ensure a safe, dependable drive across America. A 1919 Harley Davidson did not have any front brakes, and riding one today on the streets would require good brakes. Since I have accumulated a vast supply of VL Harley parts, I decided to install a complete VL Harley front end. That would allow me a very strong front end with a nice front drum brake. So, out to the parts shed and dig out any extra VL front end parts. Wow, I nearly already have a complete front end.

                               


No comments:

Post a Comment