Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Modern Air Filter – Seat Back rest – Removable rear fender flap


Paul Kosma tackled 3 upgrades to my 1919 Cannonball Motorcycle – I had been studying how to install a modern style air filter, which would also help me if we run into rain and bad weather. The factory design was NO Filter, just a scoop style diverter housing. Paul made me a custom intake pipe with a 4 screw flange, which fits my M18 Linkert carburetor. It uses a K&N 3 inch X 3inch Filter with a 1.75 inch flange.
 



 
 
Next, Paul designed a back rest that would bolt on my Messinger seat frame without altering any of the original framework. We used a late model back rest pad from my 2006 Street Glide.














Last, Paul cut about 7 inches of my rear fender off and fabricated a flap with nuts welded on the underside. With 3 bolts, I can remove the lower part of the rear fender and the rear tire rolls out easily when the bike is on the rear stand. That alone will cut my rear wheel removal time in half 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment