Saturday, March 8, 2014

Test Miles! Test Miles! Test Miles!

In January, I rode the 1919 Harley Davidson Cannonball Motorcycle over to our cabin on the Little Red River. Sonja was following me in our vehicle. (Notice the barking dogs in the video) She filmed a small video clip of the bike as I rode. I was able to put over 500 miles on the bike while we stayed a week at the cabin.


The motorcycle is running Great! I have been monitoring cylinder head temperatures and exhaust gas temperatures as the motor is breaking in. Got to ride one day with Chris Muirhead. We rode about 110 miles through the Arkansas Ozarks Hills.


After I returned from Arkansas, it was back into the shop to fine-tune other items. For some time, I have been planning to build a rather cool headlight. I have an original headlamp on the bike, but wanted to design a cool LED headlamp, without altering the original lamp. BMW cars have unique lamp called a Halo. It is an LED light ring. With that in mind, I constructed a fiber board and mounted (10) 6 volt LED bulbs in the ring.
We will not be running any of the official event in the dark, but this lamp is bright, even in day time, you will know this lamp when you see it coming!





I also wanted to remount the coil in an easy place to test, repair, or replace it. I added a spare condensor, ready to switch to if needed.


A spare 2 gallon fuel tank










No comments:

Post a Comment